Health Blog Category:
- Yes. Your appointment time is reserved just for you. As such, we require 24-hours notice prior to your appointment time for cancelling or rescheduling. A 50% fee is charged if the appointment is changed in less than 24 hours, and no-shows or same-day cancellations are charged the full price of the appointment. We appreciate your understanding.
- Our doors are always open! We love seeing people on an ongoing basis to improve their running form or provide them with an off-season strengthening program.
- Each patient’s diagnosis and timeline is different. We aren’t perfect psychics!
- Your plan of care and number of visits will be determined during your first visit and explained to you by our physiotherapist.
- Typically we start to see a positive change in the first couple of weeks, with the average patient improving very well in 8-16 weeks.
- Physiotherapy is not meant to hurt! There is a chance, however, as you restore your mobility that your pain levels will fluctuate. Good communication with your therapist will help provide you with parameters around what type or kind of pain is “good”. Like you, we also want you on your way to full pain relief and back to normal activities as soon as possible, and we realize that sometimes this journey can be bumpy.
- With physiotherapy, it is important to know that the overall goal is to restore pain-free mobility and function and to prevent an injury or pain pattern from recurring. Our physiotherapists evaluate your movement patterns, identify the cause of your pain, and work to manage or eliminate it.
- Physiotherapy is a medical, hands-on approach to relieving pain and restoring function. While every patient’s condition and pain are unique, your physiotherapist will use a variety of gentle hands-on techniques, teach you specific exercises, and utilize modalities like acupuncture or Shockwave Therapy to relieve pain quickly and restore your function to optimum levels.
- Although all patients are different, the first session lasts for 1 hour. Each session after that may be 30-60 minutes.
- The amount of time will be based on your specific needs, and our therapist will discuss this with you. You will most likely see your therapist once or twice per week to begin with, and as you progress through treatment, your sessions will be more spread out to every 2-3 weeks.
- While we realize finances are important, don’t let your insurance coverage be the deciding factor in seeking care. It is our policy to provide fair and unbiased treatment to all of our patients completely regardless of insurance considerations.
- If you do have third-party insurance, it usually covers a good portion, if not all, of your treatment costs.
- For more information, visit our insurance plan page, and please do not hesitate to contact our Toronto, ON physiotherapy office.
- We accept cash, cheques, Visa Debit, and all credit cards. It is our policy that payment is made at the time of service.
Please fill out our online intake form (emailed to you) prior to your first visit.
To bring/keep in mind on your first visit:
- Please wear comfortable clothing that allows easy access to your problem areas.
- Please fill out the Patient Intake Form emailed to you – we’re totally paperless!
- Bring some comfortable clothes you can move in. For lower body injuries, shorts are helpful. For upper body injuries, a sports bra or tank top for women is preferred.
- Physiotherapy can help treat just about any orthopedic injury or condition you can think of, including knee pain, scoliosis, sports injuries, pelvic pain, vertigo, concussion and more.
- Physiotherapists are highly-trained medical experts with both Bachelor’s and Master’s Degrees in anatomy, assessment and treatment of musculoskeletal and neurological conditions.
- We have extensive experience in assessing and treating running-related injuries.
- We frequently provide quality care audits to ensure we are continuing to lead in the Toronto, ON health and wellness landscape.