Running for life is possible.
A runner can have a long and healthy career by paying attention to aches and pains, modifying small details in their stride, and being mindful to recover adequately. But sometimes it can take an objective lens to help you view your training program from a more critical point of view. That’s where we come in.
We offer Customized Coaching Plans for runners of all abilities.
Having a specific training program curated precisely to your needs is the most effective ways to reach your running goals and avoid injury.
Whether you’re lacing up for your first 5k, wanting to improve your marathon performance, or just needing someone to hold you accountable, our Physio Run Coaches are here to guide and support you. We combine our Master’s Degree knowledge of anatomy, injuries, and personal experience with a deep and thorough understanding of coaching methodology to create a plan that is thoughtfully curated just for you. It’s truly the best of all worlds.
With our monthly plans, you’ll receive:
- A subscription to the Training Peaks platform with runs and workouts programmed specifically to your level and with your personal needs and goals in mind
- Weekly modifications or adjustments as needed
- Monthly virtual check-in appointments to keep your Big Picture plan moving in the right direction and to answer any questions
Our Toronto physiotherapy clinic coaches are our Registered Physiotherapists who are specialized in assessing, treating, and preventing running injuries as well as keeping people running injury-free. Our experience and knowledge is what sets us apart.
How do I get started?
- Your first month begins the day of your first call with your Run Coach. She or he will discuss your goals, ideal workout schedule, health history and any injury concerns and onboard you to the Training Peaks Platform during this longer 45-minute appointment.
Does my insurance cover Run Coaching?
- Since our Run Coaches are Registered Physiotherapists, yes – your health insurance provider should cover your run coaching. Always contact your provider directly if you have questions about what they require for coverage.
What do I need?
- It is helpful to have some sort of watch to track your runs. This isn’t necessary, but does make tracking your progress much easier. Otherwise, just a good attitude and a willingness to want to get better!
What if I have an injury?
- We always suggest working with one of our physiotherapists first to get your injury close to 100% before you begin a coaching plan. We focus on your running and training progress during check-in calls and always suggest you book a separate appointment for physio if you’re having trouble with an injury.
I’ve never run at all before! Can I get a coach?
- Of course! We welcome runners of all abilities. We’re happy to put together a walk/run plan to get you going.