People who are in pain, have had an injury, have a disease that prevents them from moving freely, or runners seeking specific assessment and treatment can benefit from seeing our team.
We at The Running Physio are dedicated to determining the source of your discomfort and providing a treatment plan that will allow you to return to living a full and healthy life.
Our Toronto, ON clinic is available to assist you in resuming your favourite activities, no matter what they are. Call (416) 530-0555 or click here to request an appointment to learn more about our services.
What Should I Do To Prepare For My Appointment?
- Please fill out the Patient Intake form emailed to you – we’re totally paperless!
- Bring some comfortable clothes you can move in. For lower body injuries, shorts are helpful. For upper body injuries, a sports bra or tank top for women is preferred.
- It can be a good idea to make a list of questions that you want to discuss on your first visit.
- Consider signs and symptoms that can be of importance to the therapist. What has been hurting or bothering you? For how long? What is it preventing you from doing?
- Think about what your goals are – the clearer they are for us, the better we can help you.
What To Expect At Your First Appointment
- Front desk will greet you upon your arrival. If you haven’t already filled out the COVID screening form, please do so. Hand sanitizer is always available and our rooms and gyms are cleaned thoroughly between each patient.
- Your physiotherapist will come and show you around and bring you to your private room. We will ask about your medical history, present pain, ailment, or injury during your evaluation. Try to be as honest as possible; we’ll ask a lot of questions!
- During your appointment, your movement, strength, coordination, and other factors will be evaluated.
- Following your evaluation, our physiotherapist will recommend and prepare a personalized treatment plan to ensure the fastest recovery and best results. On the first day, we usually give you homework to kickstart your plan. Your next visit typically includes more hands-on work.
- Our therapist will document their findings and treatment plan, which can be shared with your physician if you like.
- You will plan a series of visits at the front desk when your first appointment is completed. The number of treatment sessions required will be determined by the recommendation of our therapist and will be discussed with you at your first appointment.